Have Any Questions?
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does It Cost to Move?
The cost of a move can vary widely depending on several factors, including the distance of the move, the amount of belongings you have, the services you require, and the time of year. Here are some of the key factors that can influence the cost of a move:
- Distance: Long-distance moves are typically more expensive than local moves. The mileage and transportation costs can significantly impact the overall price.
- Volume and Weight: The amount of stuff you're moving matters. Movers often charge based on the weight or volume of your belongings. The more items you have, the higher the cost.
- Services: If you require additional services such as packing, unpacking, furniture disassembly/assembly, or specialty item handling (e.g., pianos, antiques), these will add to the cost.
- Time of Year: Moving during peak seasons (usually summer) can be more expensive because demand for moving services is higher. Off-peak times may offer lower rates.
- Accessibility: The ease of access to your current and new locations can affect the cost. If there are stairs, narrow hallways, or other obstacles, it may require more time and effort, thus increasing the cost.
- Insurance: Consider whether you need additional insurance for your belongings during the move. This can add to the cost.
So When Should I Start Planning My Move?
The ideal time to start planning your move is as soon as you know that you'll be relocating. Moving can involve many details and tasks, so giving yourself ample time to prepare is essential for a smooth transition. Ideally, you should start planning your move at least two to three months in advance, especially for long-distance moves or moves during peak moving seasons.
Can You Disassemble and Assemble Furniture?
Yes, we offer furniture disassembly and assembly services as part of our offerings. Here's how it typically works:
- Disassembly: The movers will carefully take apart your furniture, such as beds, tables, dressers, and other large items, if necessary. This is done to make the items easier to transport and to ensure they fit through doorways and tight spaces. Movers are experienced in disassembling furniture without causing damage.
- Transport: Once disassembled, the individual pieces of furniture are loaded onto the moving truck along with your other belongings.
- Assembly: At your new location, the movers will reassemble the furniture, ensuring that it's put back together correctly and securely. This service can save you a lot of time and effort, especially for complex furniture items.
It's important to communicate with us about your furniture assembly and disassembly needs in advance. We can provide you with details about the services we offer and any associated costs.
Are You A Licensed And Insured Moving Company?
Yes. A Better Way Movers is licensed by the Georgia Department of Motor Vehicles Safety for Household Moving within the state of Georgia and we carry the required insurance coverage.
What Forms Of Payment Do You Accept?
For your convenience, we offer multiple payment options, including MasterCard, Visa, American Express, certified checks, and cash.
Do You Shrink Wrap And Pad Furniture?
Certainly. We provide comprehensive protection for all furniture items by shrink wrapping and padding them before the move. This extra precaution significantly minimizes the risk of damages, and it's included in our service at no extra cost.